Sunday, August 23, 2009

A weekend of tea!





















About 2 weeks after I came it was time to brave the train. A hell of a lot safer than other forms of transport I may add. The train ride started at the crack of dawn and took us through amazing countryside. And of course plenty of tea was drunk on the train!

We were lucky enough to be guests of a manager the the Finlay tea estate in Srimangal, and were allowed to wander freely around the estate. It was pretty amazing. I saw my first rubber plantation. And my first hill in Bangladesh – although tiny compared to most hills. The locals made great subjects. The main advantage of not staying in a tourist resort was that we met a lot more curious locals unused to foreigners.

The sunset was the amazing view on the way home.


No comments: